Albino Gold Bushy Nose Plecostomus L-144

by Fish Tank on October 5, 2006

This Albino Gold Bushy Nose Plecostomus, L-144 is busy doing what Plecos do best. Eating Algae! This hungry little Pleco belongs to PSWET and is affectionately known as Mr. Poopies. With so many varieties of Plecostomus around, don't limit yourself to just stocking a common Pleco in your tank.

albino-gold-bushy-nose-plecostomus.jpg

An advantage to having a different type of Pleco, such as this beautiful Albino Bushy Nose, is that many won't grow as long as the common Plecostomus. They can grow a foot in length. A few characteristics of the Albino Gold Bushy Nose Pleco include:

• Fish Tank Conditions: 74-80 F, pH 6.5-7.4; KH 6-10
  • Easy to care for
  • Grows up to 4 1/2" long
  • Bushy Nose Plecos eat algae, zucchini, and lettuce
  • Originates in S. America
  • Plecos are Bottom Dwellers

The Bushy Nose Pleco gets its name from the appendages that protrude around the mouth. They almost look like whiskers. I can tell you after having a Bushy Nose Pleco, that when you get to close to their face, they flare the whiskers out. I've seen them do it to other fish too. It makes them look scary, and is a good way to frighten another fish off that they don't want around.

The Albino Gold Bushy Nose is also known as the Yellow-Ancistrus. Plecos appreciate a well planted tank. Surrounded by Amazon plants, Hornwort, and Camboba, the Albino Bushy Nose will feel at home in the fish tank.

Your driftwood and aquarium walls will be clean after the Bushy Nose Pleco gets done with them. If you find an Albino Gold Bushy Nose as beautiful as Mr. Poopies, consider giving him a home.

Tanya April 2, 2007 at 9:18 am

These are so cool. Where can you find them? I’ve never seen them at pet stores before and I want one!

Fish Tank April 2, 2007 at 7:58 pm

Hi Tanya.

Ya. They’re pretty kewl. If you don’t have any in your area I’ve seen some online. Shipping is expensive though. Try…

1. liveaquaria.com $24.99 + shipping
2. or possibly the buy and sell forums at plecofanatics.com

Uni July 29, 2009 at 1:25 am

Are you sure that´s a plecostomus, and not an Ancistrus?

Fish Tank August 1, 2009 at 6:37 pm

It’s both. The freshwater fish genus Ancistrus is commonly known as the bristlenose or bushynose plecostomus.

Jim December 2, 2009 at 9:38 am

Has anyone had a problem with the albino bushy nose plecos eating aquarium plants?

Fish Tank December 5, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Mine have just been satisfied with algae, but they will eat on other plants if they’re soft enough.

Ann February 22, 2010 at 9:29 am

We bought a Mr. Poopie a few days ago. He never sleeps, exploring our 150 gal. tank 24-7.
We have a 3d background and the first night found a way to go over it and took an hour to get him back over to the main portion of the tank. Same day he was crawling up our Emperor filter where the water cascades down eating algae 4 inches about the tank water. We have really had to “child proof” our tank so our Mr. Poopie doesn’t get into anymore trouble. We love him, what a personality. He’s a live and let live and our other stripped and dotted plecos shue him away from their area. He’s adorable!!

Phyllis August 6, 2010 at 7:44 am

Hey is anyone can help please e-mail with the answer, I just got an albino pleco put him in the tank , it has 2 cichlids in there and now I can not find him at all. I looked everywhere and also tried turning out the lights for a while then putting them back on to see if I could spot him but nothing, also no carcass anywhere and ides or help? Thanks- Phyllis

Fish Tank August 8, 2010 at 6:45 am

Usually you should be ok stocking a pleco with cichlids. You have to make sure the pleco has plenty of hiding spots.

Do you have african cichlids? Are they full grown? Aggressive?

Tony September 19, 2010 at 10:39 am

I got one of hese and mine dissappeared for a few hours, couldn’t find it anywhere… Wouldn’t you know he climbed up the filter and then got into it! dumped the filter out to clean it and he came swimming out also since then I keep the water about 1-2inches below the black trim and hasn’t happened since

Matt January 15, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I have one and it has grown to around 4-5cm so far and its a great fish to keep!

Wendy January 19, 2011 at 10:50 am

I bought several Bushies how long before they grow there appendeges or do they only grow on male or females?

anonomous May 15, 2012 at 6:40 am

i give my pleco algae and the other fish take it and my pleco gets nothing what mussssss I do