Sam’s Fish Tank

by Fish Tank on July 20, 2006

fish-tank-072006a.jpgThe 37 gal. fish tank is not alone. It has a friend. The 5 gal. aquarium is home to Sam, a betta (Siamese fighting fish). It's unclear if Sam is a male or female. So, Sam stands for Samuel or Samantha.

This small fish tank is perfect for a betta. Although, the poor fish wishes his fishkeeper would clean his tank, and add some environment. While water changes are done frequently, the gravel in this fish tank is due for a thorough cleaning. Caked with algae and other unmentionables, plans are being made to clean this fish tank soon. Sam's fishkeeper has already purchased a fake plastic plant he believes Sam will enjoy.

Sam was placed in his new fish tank home around 6 months ago, and has seemed to enjoy his stay so far. It's unknown how long this fish will stay around, but his fishkeeper will see to it that it's as long as possible. Do you have a betta? What's the type of fish tank you keep your betta in?

D July 11, 2007 at 1:47 pm

This is pretty funny. Only MALE BETTAS have long fins like that………So I believe you have a Samuel.

Fish Tank July 11, 2007 at 9:21 pm

Well… Thank you! Samuel (Sam for short), thanks you too 😉

Vivek January 19, 2008 at 11:01 pm

if it lacks the ovipositor a whitish string like tube below its gill slits then its a male also does it make a bubble nest if it does its a male

Conner June 17, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Just to tell you, Sam is a male betta, i did a report on bettas when I was in grade school, and I looked it up. Please tell all of your fish hi for me, thanks

Fish Tank June 18, 2008 at 8:51 am

Thanks Conner!

Anne Marie June 29, 2008 at 2:51 pm

I keep my male Betta, named BB (For Blue Boy), in a 15-gallon tank with 5 zebra danios,3 black skirt tetras,and a large algae eater.They all get along fine and BB seems to enjoy the company. Of course because of the long flowing fins you have to be sure none of your other fish are nibblers or your Betta won’t be happy(or pretty) for too long!Also’ I hear he might get sassy if one of his tank mates is more colorful than he is!Anyone know if there is any truth to this?